This article originally appeared on the Kinvey website, authored by Thomas Conner. To learn more, join us on July 25th and watch as we build a NativeScript and Kinvey app.
Over the last 6 years, Kinvey's Backend as a Service platform has been used by 100's of 1000's of developers to build rich, engaging apps using the various features we offer, including data and file storage, user authentication and authorization, engagement (push notifications, email, etc.), custom functions and triggers, 3rd-party data connectivity, analytics, operational intelligence, and compliance. Every Kinvey backend service is exposed to front-end developers via SDKs so that they can write their apps without having to think about API protocols, and instead just call methods in the programming language of their choice. The newest addition to this set is our NativeScript SDK.
To help developers get over this hurdle, Kinvey has released a new SDK for NativeScript.
- You can deliver beautiful, accessible, platform-native UIs – no webviews;
- You can easily reuse existing plugins from npm, CocoaPods (iOS), and Gradle (Android) directly in NativeScript projects, plus hundreds of NativeScript specific plugins;
- It's Open Source, delivered under an Apache 2 license (just like Kinvey's SDKs).
Here are a few links to get you started:
- NativeScript SDK Download - http://devcenter.kinvey.com/nativescript/downloads
- Getting Started — http://devcenter.kinvey.com/nativescript/guides/getting-started
- Kinvey NativeScript OSS SDK source code — https://github.com/Kinvey/js-sdk
Watch a short video on using Kinvey's NativeScript SDK to build incredible native mobile experiences:
We'd love your feedback. You can submit pull requests to the SDK directly, or tell us about anything we can improve on via the Kinvey developer forum. And to learn more about Kinvey's Backend as a Service today!
Join us on July 25th and watch as we build a NativeScript and Kinvey app right in front of you.