Oh, by gosh, by golly, it's time for mistletoe and.... an app contest!
Are you ready to wow the judges of the NativeScript team, Developer Relations, and your peers by creating a beautiful holiday app? You have full creative license in this challenge - create an app for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, the Winter Solstice, or any holiday that occurs in the wintertime! You can create a consumer-type app like a Christmas wish-list app for families, or - and we would prefer - a fun and cute holiday game, using NativeScript.
Actually it would make me really happy to see an epic Festivus app:
Rules! You know we need rules!
- You can use vanilla NativeScript or NativeScript for Angular 2
- You don't have to release this app, just submit a video of your fabulous creation to the #contests channel of the NativeScript Community Slack
- Make it fun! Holidays can have religious connotations so let's be respectful
- Deadline for submissions is 5 pm EST January 20th (UPDATE: deadline extended!)
- You can work as part of a team or individually
- Winner will get a festive prize pack in the style of your choice, curated by me!
- Judging will take place here in the comments
Good luck! Join us on the Slack channel
in #contests if you have questions or need inspiration. May the merriest app win!